Nowadays, many people have started to be vegetarians even though there are some limitations especially while traveling to another country. If you are a vegetarian traveling to Vietnam, Go Travel give you detailed guideline for vegetarians. Let’s check it out!
Detailed guideline for vegetarians
Vietnam is known as one of the food heaven countries in the world. Coming here, you won’t worry about looking for vegetarian food because you can buy them anywhere. You can cook by yourself or have a meal at vegetarian restaurants. Here is the guideline for vegetarians.
Vietnamese cuisine meets your expectation
Vegetarianism is not a foreign notion to many people in Vietnam. Vegetarianism and “green” living are progressively becoming new trend in recent years. Vegetarianism is no longer a niche diet but a common movement that has given rise to healthy cuisine. When traveling here, it is ensured that vegetarian cuisine in Vietnam is developed and diversified.
From Northern to Southern, Vietnamese vegetarian cuisine can vary in flavor, and each city has its own unique flavor. Whenever visiting the city, you can easily to find some popular things made from vegetables such as Banh Mi (bánh mì), Pho (phở), rice paper rolls, etc. With this guideline for vegetarians, you won’t miss all specialties of Vietnam in vegetarian taste when traveling here.
There are some dishes that you can explore in this guideline for vegetarians. As a vegetarian in Vietnam, there is no fear of becoming hungry. You might find it difficult to leave!
How can I look for vegetarian food in Vietnam?
A fast web search will bring up popular vegetarian restaurants in your area. Still, if you want to explore the areas around pagodas and temples to locate lesser-known places that provide great vegetarian meals to monks and nuns, this guideline for vegetarians will give you a hint to find.
You can type the words “quán chay” (vegetarian restaurant) or “cơm chay” (vegetarian dishes) to know more places or dishes to eat. Another way is that you can ask the local people. Vietnamese Buddhists eat vegetarian cuisine on the first and fifteenth of each month. You may find a variety of vegetarian alternatives in restaurants and various vegetarian dishes available in morning markets. Many visitors fall in love with Vietnamese vegetarian buffets, which provide a broad variety of unique delicacies for as little as a dollar or two.
Suggestion of some vegetarian dishes
While traveling if you get some trouble transferring your needs in English, you can use a few Vietnamese words to show your needs. The guideline for vegetarians will help you
To show that you are a vegetarian, use the word:
- “Tôi ăn chay” means “I’m a vegetarian”
- “Tôi không ăn thịt” means “I don’t eat meat”
- Some restaurants offer fish sauce, you can ask them for “mắm chay” (vegetarian fish sauce). In this way, you can try Vietnamese sauce!
To know some vegetarian dishes:
- “Rau củ xào thập cẩm” (Rau cu xao thap cam): Mixed fried vegetables including cauliflower, small corn, broccoli, mushroom, etc.
- “Khoai tây xào nấm” (Khoai tay xao nam): Sauteed potatoes with m
- “Nấm xào chay” (Nam xao chay): Vegetarian fried mushrooms.
- “Đậu hũ xào chua ngọt” (Dau hu xao chua ngot): Sweet and sour fried tofu.
- “Nấm kho chay” (Nam kho chay): Vegetarian braised mushrooms.
- “Đậu hũ kho tương” (Dau hu kho tuong): Tofu with soy sauce.
- “Chả lụa chay kho” (Cha lua cha kho): Braised vegetarian sausage.
- “Canh chua chay”: Sour vegetarian Soup.
- “Canh bầu nấu chay” (Canh bau nau chay): Vegetarian gourd soup.
- “Bánh xèo chay” (Banh xeo chay): Savoury rice pancakes with bean sprouts, and mushrooms
Some flavor vegetarian Vietnamese restaurants
Every big city in Vietnam has a plethora of superb vegetarian eateries. Go Travel suggests 3 restaurants for you in this guideline for vegetarians.
Chay Vi Lai restaurant (Chay Vị Lai)
The meals here introduce customers to new flavors by using clean and fresh ingredients, mostly from nature, such as vegetables, tubers, fruits, mushrooms, tofu, and so on. The restaurant’s interior is well-designed, offering a relaxing atmosphere in which to enjoy the meals.
You will get a private room if you travel with a party of 8-12 people. And there are presently just 5 rooms in this room. If you travel with more than 30 people, you’ll be able to share vegetarian cuisine at a large outside table.
- Address: 67 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Price: $8 – $10
- Opening hours: From 05:30 p.m. every day of the week
An Lac Tam restaurant (An Lạc Tâm)
An Lac Tam is a fantastic vegetarian restaurant in Da Nang with a calm, pleasant atmosphere, a garden, and a relaxing aquarium. To assure clean ingredients for consumers, all recipes employ products from a 3000m2 home vegetable garden.
The restaurant’s extremely inexpensive and healthy fish-free dishes. These dishes are 100% pre-processed and do not use frozen products. That is the aspect that draws many guests to the restaurant to sample the delectable cuisine.
- Address: 45 Hoang Thi Loan, Lien Chieu, Da Nang City (There are 3 campuses)
- Price: $4 – $8
- Opening hours: 6:30m – 8 p.m
Pi Vegetarian Saigon
Pi Vegetarian Saigon is one of the best suggestions in this guideline for vegetarians. It creates a comfortable environment for customers by using rich hues interwoven with yellow lighting. The refinement of the room design is both traditional and contemporary. Besides vegetarian dishes, the restaurant also offers a variety of vegan dishes for the customers.
When coupled with the eye-catching hues of vegetables and fruits, the vegetarian meals here are overflowing with appealing colors. Furthermore, the restaurant concentrates not only on the presentation but also on the taste of vegetarian dishes with specific characteristics that are acceptable for a wide range of preferences.
- Address: 187/15 Dien Bien Phu, Da Kao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Price: $4 – $8
- Opening hours: 11 a.m – 3 p.m (Morning) & 5 p.m – 11 p.m (Evening)
The information above is a clear guideline for vegetarians traveling to Vietnam. Go Travel ensures that you will have a wonderful trip!
You might also be interested in: